Associate Coach & Facilitator
Mark’s approach is based on the firm belief that it is the quality of relationships we have with others that will bring about our workplace success.
Mark works with leaders and teams to facilitate dialogue that brings to light habitual modes of thought, feeling and behaviour, considers their impact and, with this insight identifies and explores alternatives.
With 20 years merchant and investment banking experience, coupled with 6 years at CEO level, Mark’s coaching and facilitation enables individuals and groups to get to the heart of the issues and reflect on new ways of working for great results.
Originally becoming a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia with Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG), with partners, Mark co-founded the bond trading house, Grange Securities limited. Mark returned to study psychotherapy in the late 1990’s and now spends his time between his private psychotherapy practice and as an executive coach and facilitator.
Mark’s specialist expertise includes:
- Design and facilitation of cultural change program for an Australian investment bank – the traditional culture of competition hadimpacted inter-divisional performance and the program aligned the divisions and refocused the competitiveness externally.
- Coaching a Senior Manager of a compliance agency to bring about substantial cultural change that included improved communication, working relationships and team structure.
- Coaching a Director of a fund manager within an investment bank establishing in-house trading protocols and management of a problematic relationship.
- Facilitation in the UK of an 8 day residential program for a private sector organisation to develop the interpersonal skills of leaders of both private and public sector organisations. This program is repeated biannually.
- Designed and facilitated a self-and-customer awareness program for an Australian restaurant group.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Economics
- Graduate Diploma Counselling and Human Services
- Advanced Diploma Gestalt Therapy
- Accredited Facilitator Hoffman Institute, UK.